If you hear the words “mold poisoning” and immediately shiver down your spine, you’re not alone. Exposure to mold may sound interesting on our favorite medical shows, but it’s something none of us want to experience in person. The good news? If you know what to look for, you can combat the symptoms of mold and mildew.

Health problems related to mold are very real and affect many people every year. To make matters more complicated, yeast problems are often misdiagnosed, underdiagnosed, or untreated in traditional medicine. So let’s break down what mold toxicity is, what it means, and how Parsley Health takes a holistic, science-based approach to treating the symptoms of mold toxicity.

What is yeast poisoning?
Mold is a common fungus that grows in damp areas such as roofs and pipes, and under wood and tile floors and ceilings. Different types of fungi are around us all the time, but some are more dangerous than others, and some people are allergic to fungi or sensitive to the natural toxins that fungi produce called mycotoxins. When you’re exposed to too much mold, mold that you’re sensitive to, or certain types of mold that cause health problems, it can lead to a condition called mold poisoning.

“The problem of mold poisoning is often overlooked in traditional medicine,” says Megan McElroy, PA-C, MD, an assistant physician at Parsley Medical Center in New York City. Why? That’s because mold poisoning can cause a wide variety of symptoms that, if you have them, can be difficult to explain and difficult for your doctor to put together, especially if they don’t have experience or training in dealing with mold.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *