A homemade pizza is always special and tastes better. When the person who prepares it knows the guests’ preferences, they will give it the perfect touch that he knows he likes. Height of the dough, sponginess, with or without crunchy bottom, are all characteristics that can be obtained when making a homemade pizza dough.
The traditional pizza dough is made with wheat flour. Given the tendency to reduce gluten, there are other varied recipes, for example with oats, with preparations without TACC, with vegetable bases. But it’s always good to have an easy pizza dough recipe on hand as created.
Modern pizza was invented in Naples, Italy. However, the word “pizza” comes from the Greek word bibs, which means solid or coagulated. The pektos of the Greeks consisted in covering bread with oils, herbs and cheese, which is why it is considered the ancestor of today’s pizza.
The dough itself does not make valuable nutritional contributions, but it is a source of energy. It will be the ingredients of the garnish or filling that will complement the value of the food. The cook will achieve that balance of flavor, health and nutrition when he chooses them.
We present an easy recipe for homemade pizza dough. It has no secrets. You just have to have a little patience as the yeast takes some time. The good news is that you can prepare the pizza bases and have them ready in the freezer to whip them at the right time.
How do you prepare this easy homemade pizza dough?
- In a bowl put half a glass of warm water, sugar and yeast. Mix well and let rise for 10 minutes.
- In another container put the flour and mix it with the salt.
- Make a hole in the center and add the yeast mixture.
- Work with your hands and add the other half cup of warm water and oil. Mix the flour with the wet ingredients until it forms a dough.
- knead 10 minutes. Put in the bowl, cover with cling film and leave to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Knead again on a floured table to eliminate the gas.
- Roll out the dough to the height you prefer and place it in the oiled mold.
- Bake in a hot oven for 8 minutes. After placing the filling, put it back in the oven for another 6 minutes.
If you patiently follow the steps we have indicated, you will get a very good pizza. You just have to respect the rest and fermentation times so that it is perfect.
You will see that when you get used to preparing your own homemade pizza dough, you will no longer resort to purchased packaged ones.