A TikTok video went viral on social media after housewives revealed how long to keep different types of soup in the refrigerator. This is the number of hours the soup pot is kept cold, depending on the contents of the dish.
How many days to keep the soup in the fridge?
When making a delicious vegetable, mushroom, beef or chicken soup, it is important to know how long it is advisable to keep the pot in the refrigerator, so that the dish does not turn sour.
As the Easter holidays are fast approaching, housewives prepare lamb borsch, an indispensable dish on the Easter table. This is why it is important to know how to store liquid food in the refrigerator.
According to a video that went viral on Tiktok, the soup should be refrigerated for up to 3 or 4 days, depending on the type, as follows:
- the vegetable soup can be kept for up to 24 hours
- soup or chicken soup is removed after 48 hours
- pork or beef soup is kept cold for up to 72 hours
- the mushroom soup can be kept in the refrigerator for 24 hours
If we talk about sour soup with borscht, cabbage or lemon juice, then the validity of the content increases by 24 hours.
@crisstherussian According to GOST (Russian National Standard) #invatapetiktok #fyp #pfy #trend #fy #fyp シ #fyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy #viraltiktok #trend #viral ♬ Che La Luna – Louis Prima
Ingenious tricks for properly storing soups and stews
Before storing the soup / soup pot in the refrigerator, here are some tips from housewives:
- It must be cold. A stable temperature regime must be maintained inside the cold room. It is important to remember that changes in temperature alter the quality of food.
- The soup should be stored in enamelled or glass containers, it is advisable to avoid plastic ones.
- The dishes must be placed in the coldest part of the cold room. Which shelf is the coldest is indicated in the instructions for household appliances.
- Only completely cooled food can be placed in the refrigerator. The food will cool quickly if the dishes are placed in a bowl of cold water.
- Don’t forget to close the lid of the pot very tightly.
- You can freeze soup, soup and borscht, as the dishes remain edible for several months.