Rice noodles are considered to be the most consumed form of rice product, along with rice grain dishes in Asia. Noodles are prepared both fried and mixed with meat and vegetables, and in vegetable soup. So, if you are in a hurry to prepare a delicious but also special dish, we offer you a recipe for noodles with chicken and vegetables.
Noodles with chicken and vegetables. Special preparation for your guests
Rice proteins are gluten-free, so they are great for those with intolerances. The main ingredients are water and rice flour. These are healthy alternatives to wheat pasta for those who do not want to add gluten to their diet.
⦁ 1/2 package of rice noodles with vermicelli
⦁ 300 gr of boneless thighs
⦁ 1/2 red pepper
⦁ 1/2 yellow pepper
⦁ 1 thick slice of celery
⦁ 1 pc. yellow onion
⦁ 3 pcs. garlic cloves
⦁ 3 pcs. Champignon mushrooms
⦁ 2 teaspoons of starch
⦁ soy sauce
⦁ sweet and sour sauce
⦁ sesame seeds
Instructions for preparation
1. On a wooden food processor, cut the chicken pieces into strips
2. Place the chicken in a bowl, sprinkle it with two teaspoons of starch and pour the soy sauce and sweet and sour sauce over it. Leave to marinate for 1-2 hours
3. Cut the vegetables into julienne strips.
4. In a wok, if you don’t have one, you can also use a larger pan, fry the chicken pieces in a little oil for 5-6 minutes per side.
5. Remove the meat and place it in a bowl
6. On top of the remaining oil from the meat, add the vegetables, first the carrot, then the rest of the vegetables. You let them fry until they penetrate halfway.
7. When the vegetables are cooked, add the meat and a little water to make the sauce thick. The starch on the meat makes it thick.
8. Put a pot of water on the heat and when the water has reached a boil pour it over the rice noodles that you have placed in a bowl.
Cover the bowl with a lid and let it soak for about 5-7 minutes (check that they have softened). Put them in a colander and drain the water in which
9. Add the noodles over the meat and vegetables to the pan, mix and leave for another 5 minutes over low heat.
10. If you want, you can pour a little more soy sauce on the plate. Be careful not to add extra salt, soy sauce is very salty.
11. Roast the sesame seeds in a pan over high heat for a few minutes. In this way, the aroma intensifies and gives a special taste and texture to the pasta dish. Be careful not to burn them, they become bitter.
12. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on the noodles.
Enjoy your meal!
The advantages of replacing wheat pasta with rice noodles
⦁ Helps maintain weight.
Rice noodles have zero fat which helps maintain weight. The calories in rice noodles are converted into energy without causing fat accumulation. They give a quick feeling of satiety without promoting weight gain.
⦁ They do not contain gluten
Gluten is found in wheat-based foods. Eating rice noodles helps those who are intolerant to gluten or those who want to reduce their consumption.
⦁ Useful for diabetics.
Diabetes is caused by high blood sugar levels. Rice noodles have a low glycemic index, which helps control blood sugar levels, while also preventing diabetes.
⦁ High fiber intake
They improve digestive functions by acting as a scavenger of digestive waste
⦁ Mineral content
In addition to iron and some B-complex vitamins, rice noodles also contain calcium, which is necessary for the health of the bone system.