Parma ham is one of the most recognized products of Italian gastronomy. References to it have also been found in ancient Rome. It is characterized by its slightly sweet flavor, due in part to the fact that very little salt is added during processing. We recommend that you prepare a 100% Italian gourmet recipe with this ingredient.
Parma ham, rocket, confit tomato and parmesan pizza
2-3 ripe tomatoes
125 g of grated mozzarella
150 g of Parma ham
100 g of rocket
100 g of Parmesan cheese
extra virgin olive oil
For the pizza dough
350 g of medium strength flour
240 ml of water
1 teaspoon of salt
3 g of fresh yeast
1. Dissolve the yeast in the water. Mix all the ingredients of the dough well and let it rest for 10 minutes in a covered bowl.
2. Roll out the dough and fold it back on itself; let it rest for another 15 minutes and repeat the operation.
3. Return it to the bowl and cover tightly with cling film. Then keep in the fridge until the next day.
4. Remove the dough from the fridge and roll it out to form a very thin pizza.
5. Cook for about 5-10 minutes until the surface is golden brown.
6. Blanch the ripe tomatoes, peel them, remove the seeds from the inside and cut them into strips. Salt lightly and put them on the fire in a saucepan covered with olive oil. Cook for 30 minutes over very low heat until they are stuck. Drain and drain on kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
7. Cover the pizza base with the tomato confit strips and spread a little mozzarella on top.
8. Place in a preheated oven at 200 ºC. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until the mozzarella has melted.
9. Remove from the oven and spread the very thin slices of raw ham and flakes of Parmesan on a good handful of rocket.