This recipe from Rojak a fruit and vegetable salad typical of Malaysia It will make us travel to an exotic corner without leaving the house. Salads are one of the best options for taking care of ourselves, although we do need some variety to experience the flavors and properties of this incomparable source of vitamins, fiber and good vibes firsthand. We travel to distant lands, through flavors and we will do it with the help of an exceptional mango and cucumber salad. Taste a delicious homemade Rojak, the result will surprise you.
How to prepare Rojak
- The base of this fruit and vegetable salad It is a combination of flavors that contrast with each other and include a cuttlefish.
- We can start the recipe by cooking the tofuwe will simply cut it into cubes and fry it with a drizzle of oil until it is golden.
- Let’s continue with the other ingredient that needs cooking, seppia. We can choose a fresh or frozen product, in both cases it will be very good.
- Cut the cuttlefish into pieces of the same size to cook at the same time, boil the cuttlefish for about 4 minutes over medium-high heat, drain and set aside.
- Let’s continue with the other salad complementshrimp paste, we can buy it in specialized stores.
- Put this pasta in a pan and toast it. a few minutes, add the kojak sauce, mix well until it is well integrated.
- Time to assemble this saladpeel the mango and cut it into cubes of the same size.
- The sweet taste of this base will contrast with that of the cucumber which will bring a lot of freshness, we peel and cut it.
- If we don’t have jicama, a type of tuber, we can replace it with turniptexture and flavor are quite similar.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl, we will add the sauce and mix well. It is not neededI put salt or sugar.
- We can decorate this delight with peanuts roast that will give a very particular flavor to this recipe.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and we enjoyed a fruit and vegetable salad originally from Malaysia, the Rojak will never disappoint, it’s a sure hit.