Do you love spaghetti but are you already a little tired of making them with cream or tomato? Everyone will love this green and creamy version, the main ingredient of which is the poblano pepper.
green spaghetti ingredients
- 500 grams of spaghetti
- 1 jar of normal or vegetable cream
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable broth
- 3 poblano peppers
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil the water to cook the spaghetti. When it boils, add a teaspoon of oil, salt, spices to taste and the spaghetti.
- When the spaghetti are al dente, drain and pass them under cold water.
- Roast poblano peppers on a griddle. When their skin is completely roasted, place them in a plastic bag so they sweat and you can remove the skin more easily.
- Remove the skin, clean very well, open halfway and remove all seeds and veins.
- Prepare the sauce by blending the chillies, cream, garlic and vegetable consommé until the mixture is smooth.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the sauce and when it thickens a little add the spaghetti.
- Mix very well and let it rest for 5 minutes.
You can add other green delights to your recipe
There are many recipes for making green spaghetti. You can replace the poblano pepper with pesto, spinach or coriander. You can also add some leaves of these last two herbs to the recipe we share with you, to add a touch of different and original flavor.
Another option is to crush some pistachios, your creativity is the limit and it will surely be delicious.
And if you want to learn how to make pasta at home from scratch, come and visit us.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel. Every week we have a new and delicious recipe for you.