Tapenade is a very versatile olive and herb paste that can be enjoyed as a delicious complement to meat, fish and poultry, for a snack or to accompany spaghetti or a sandwich.
In addition to being delicious, it is very healthy for the properties of herbs, garlic and oil, which are excellent antioxidants.
Ingredients Tapenade with olives
- 1 bunch of parsley
- ½ bunch of mint
- 2 cups of green olives with allspice
- Zest of one orange
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- A lemon juice
- A finely chopped chile de arbol
- ½ teaspoon of oregano
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1 crushed clove of garlic.
- Clean the parsley and mint and chop them finely in the food processor or with a knife.
- Finely chop the olives in the food processor or with the knife.
- Grate the peel of an orange, making sure that it does not bring residues of the white peel that is between the peel and the pulp.
- Mix the olives with the chopped leaves, the orange peel, the vinegar, the lemon juice, the chile de arbol, the oregano, the olive oil and the garlic.
How to enjoy your tapenade
If you want to serve it as a snack, offer it accompanied by goat cheese and slices of toasted bread.
If you prefer to give your meat, poultry or fish an original touch, you can add it to the side as part of the toppings, or spread it on the surface of the cuts.
Also excellent for dressing donkey spaghetti, or as a condiment to make your sandwiches much more interesting.
Best of all, you can keep it in a tightly covered glass jar in your refrigerator. It will last you about fifteen days fresh and delicious.
And if you want more recipes for Arabic snacks, go here.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel. We have a new recipe for you every week.